Are you looking for different ways to send gifs on Snapchat? Then you have come to the right place. In this article, we have written all about how to send gifs on Snapchat in a few simple steps!
How to send GIFs on Snapchat
- Open Snapchat on your phone
- Take a Snap
- Click on the Stickers icon
- Choose GIF
- Select the GIF to wanna use
- Finally, add it to the image
Snapchat is the OG application for all casual conversations between friends. The platform comes with many customizable features that allow you to channel your inner creativity. Be it just sending random snaps to your friends or having long conversations, Snapchat allows you to put your own twist on everything.
One such cool feature on Snapchat is the ability to add GIFs. Since Snapchat is essentially a photo-sharing application, the entire focus is to make these photos as interactive and creative as possible. This is where GIFs come into the picture.
GIF stickers are extremely popular and all for good reason. The dynamic emojis are not only funny but also add life to your photos, enhancing the overall digital experience.
Considering how fun GIFs can be, it is imperative you know how to send GIFs on Snapchat. Hence, in this article, we provide you with a comprehensive guide explaining how to send GIFs on Snapchat in 4 different ways. Enjoy!
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- How to create your own GIFs
- How to send GIFs on Snapchat Snap
- How to send GIFs on Snapchat from your Camera Roll
- How to send GIFs on Snapchat Messages on Android
- How to enable Gboard on Android
- How to send GIFs on Snapchat using Gboard
- Enable GIPHY keyboard on iPhone
- How to send GIFs on Snapchat using GIPHY Keyboard
How to create your own GIFs
GIF stands for Graphics Interchange Format, which is essentially moving, animated images (think Harry Potter) that keep continuously going in an endless loop. They add a different dimension to your image that is otherwise static and boring.
GIFs are so fun that you can have an entire conversation using just these. But if you want to find out how you can create your own GIFs, here’s how you do it.
For this purpose, you will have to use the GIPHY app to create your own custom GIFs. So without any further delay, let’s get started.
- Install the GIPHY app on your phone
- Open the application on your phone and click on the “Create” button
- You will have 3 different options to choose from – Smile icon, Take a Photo, and Gallery Option.
- Smile Icon: This option will allow you to use the edit option to create GIFs
- Take a Photo: With this option, you can take a picture on the spot and turn them into GIFs
- Gallery Option: You can choose a picture from your gallery and edit it to make a GIF.
This GIF will now be successfully saved in your images and can be readily accessed whenever you need it.
- How Do I Know If I Have A Smart TV?
- How to Move an Artboard in Adobe Illustrator
- How To Move Images And Layers Between Photoshop Documents
- How to Make Money on Mixer
- How to Reopen Snaps on Snapchat (4 Easy Steps)
How to send GIFs on Snapchat Snap
Adding GIFs to your snaps is very simple and can be done in a few steps. Here’s how it’s done.
- Open your Snapchat app on your phone and log in to your account
- Take a snap or upload a picture from your gallery
- Now to add more elements to the snap, click on the sticker icon
- Select the GIF option and choose any GIF you like.
- Once you have selected the GIF, it will appear on the Snap, adjust and place it where ever you like
- Finally, click on the arrow in the bottom right corner to send the snap to your friends
There you go, now you can directly add GIFs to your Snaps!
How to send GIFs on Snapchat from your Camera Roll
Unlike the previous case, where we add little animated GIF emoticons to images if you want to send a funny GIF file on Snapchat that you found on the Internet, here’s how you do it.
- Make sure you have the GIF you wish to send in your image gallery
- Go to the gallery and locate the GIF
- Click on the share button and choose the Snapchat icon
- The GIF will appear on Snapchat, choose if you want to share this GIF with your friends or post it as a story
How to send GIFs on Snapchat Messages on Android
To send GIFs to your friends on Android directly from a keyboard you will first have to install the GBoard application on your smartphone.
How to enable Gboard on Android
Follow these instructions to download and enable the Gboard app and directly send GIFs using this application
- On your Android phone, install the Gboard app
- Launch the application and click on “Enable in Settings”
- The “Language and Input” menu in Settings will appear
- Select the Gboard option among the keyboards mentioned
- For step 2, click on the “Select Input Method”
- A pop-up will appear with default keyboard options, select “GBoard”
- For the third step, click on “Set Permissions”
- Choose the “Allow” option
- Finally, click on “Done”
With these steps, you have now enabled Gboard that includes a huge number of GIFs.
How to send GIFs on Snapchat using Gboard
Now that you have the Gboard installed, you can start sending GIFs in Snapchat conversations. Follow these steps to know-how.
- Open the Snapchat app and log into your account
- Click on the “Chats” button in the bottom menu
- Select the friend you wish to send the GIF to
- In the chat, open the keyboard and select the “GIF” option
- You will find a huge number of options to select from. Select the GIF you wish to send
- Send the GIF by clicking on the Blue arrow
There you go, it's that simple! Now you can directly send GIFs to your friends.
- How to Uncheck Songs in iTunes
- How to Change your Profile Picture in Facebook Messenger
- What happens if you return a Redbox movie you bought?
- Pokemon Red, Blue and Yellow: How to Obtain All HMs
- Hack: How to play DVD movies on your Nintendo Wii
How to send GIFs on Snapchat Messages in iOS
You can directly send GIFs to your friends over Snapchat messages using the GIPHY keyboard on your iPhone. But you’ll first have to enable the keyboard.
Enable GIPHY keyboard on iPhone
- On your iPhone, go to the Apple store to install the GIPHY app
- Once the application is installed, you will have to enable the GIPHY keyboard on your iPhone.
- To do that, go to the iPhone settings menu and tap on “General”
- Scroll down to select the Keyboard option, click on “Keyboards” again
- You will now see all the added keyboards. To add GIPHY, click on the “Add New Keyboard” button
- Scroll down to select “GIPHY” under the third party keyboards category
- Now go back to the keyboards menu and click on GIPHY
- Toggle the “Allow Full Access” button
You have now enabled GIPHY, in the next step we will show you how to use the GIPHY Keyboard.
How to send GIFs on Snapchat using GIPHY Keyboard
- Launch the Snapchat application and click on Chat
- Select any friend to open their chat
- Open the keyboard and long tap on the globe icon
- Select GIPHY to launch the keyboard
- A number of GIFs will appear, tap on any GIF to send them
- Finally, click on the send option
Now you can start sending GIFs directly from your keyboard.
Why won't GIFs work on Snapchat?
Suppose you are trying to send GIFs on Snapchat over chat or by adding them to the picture. But when you click on the GIF button the feature won't work. Or if after following the methods mentioned above you are still not able to send GIFs on Snapchat, you will first have to update your Snapchat application.
Since the GIF feature is fairly recent you need to update the application to its latest version so you can find all the new features added.
If you like this blog and are looking for more Snapchat-related tutorials, we have got you. We have written all about the best Snapchat usernames, how to find someone on Snapchat and how to tell how many friends you have on Snapchat. Refer to these articles to become a Snapchat pro!