Starting a screen recording on your iPhone 12 Pro Max is as easy as swiping down the Control Center and pressing the screen record icon. Just like that, iOS will start recording your iPhone screen.
I’m always teaching people how to make the most of their iPhones. It’s easy to do that when you’re in the same place as they are, but in some cases, you could be miles away. This is where screen recording has come in handy for me more times than I can count. I use it all the time on my iPhone 12 Pro Max to record little tutorials or walkthroughs for my friends and family.
If you’ve been looking for ways to screen record on iPhone 12, this is the place to be. Let’s get right into how to start screen recording.
How Do You Record Your Screen On iPhone 12?
If you’re like me, you might need to start a screen recording to record a tutorial on someone’s iPhone. Or, you might want to make a screen recording video of something funny you saw or noticed.
The good part is that you can screen record on your iPhone 12 Pro Max with very little hassle.
Adding Screen Recording Icon To Control Center
Before you start recording your iPhone screen, add the screen recording controls in your device’s Control Center. You can do this by enabling a setting on your iPhone.
Just follow these steps:
- Open the Settings app.
- Select “Control Center”.
- Navigate and find the “Screen Recording” option.
- Once you do, tap the green plus icon beside it to add it to the control center.
How Do I Turn On Screen Recording?
Once you’ve got the screen record option on your Control Center, starting screen recordings becomes easy to do on an iPhone.
- Open the Control Center on your iPhone 12. You do this by swiping down from the right side beside the notch.
- Once in the Control Center, look for the control used to record screen. It looks like a circle with a ring around it.
- Tap that button to begin screen recording. It will start after three seconds.
This will save a video recording of your iPhone 12 screen, along with any sound from the phone.
Which Parts Of The Screen Are Recorded?
While you can record apps on your Apple iPhone 12 screen using the screen recording feature, it is important to know which ones get captured.
First, certain apps have protections against recordings. For obvious reasons, this includes streaming apps like Netflix, Hulu, and Disney+. Or else, it would be easy for people to distribute the content to those who haven’t paid for a subscription.
- How to Disable Samsung Dex to get Rid of Annoying Notifications
- How to Draw a Computer — Step by Step Guide
- How to Change Row Height in Google Sheets (Quick & Easy)
- Why Does My TCL TV Have No Sound
- How to Connect Soundbar to Hisense TV [Proven Method]
Most other third-party apps don’t have restrictions if they’re not streaming services or have reasons for such security.
Apart from apps that choose to restrict screen recording, pretty much everything else gets recorded. This includes notifications and phone calls that pop up on your screen while you record.
How To Use The Screen Recording Feature With Sound?
The default setting to screen record iPhone will include the sounds from iOS and the applications on your phone. It won’t include any ambient sound like your voice.
It’s great that there’s a way to enable recording from the microphone on your iPhone 12 Pro Max too.
- Open your iPhone’s Control Center by swiping down from the upper-right corner.
- Long-press on the screen recording icon to adjust screen recording settings.
- At the bottom half of the screen, there will be a microphone icon. Tap “Microphone On”.
- Tap “Start Recording” to begin to record screen on your iPhone 12 Pro Max.
Just like that, your video will include any sound that gets picked up by the microphone of your Apple iPhone 12.
- iPhone Microphone Not Working? Here’s How To Fix It!
How Do I Stop Screen Recording?
Of course, after you start a recording of your screen, it’s important to know how to stop recording once you’re done.
Fortunately, this is straightforward if you have an Apple iPhone 12.
- Open Control Center.
- Tap the screen recording button to stop the recording.
There’s also a quicker option you can use to stop recording. When you start to record video on your Apple iPhone 12, you’ll see the clock (now replaced by the record time) in the upper-left corner of the screen turn red. Select it, and a prompt will show up. Just tap “Stop” to stop recording and save it.
- How to make your macbook pro keyboard change color?
- How Does An Overhead Projector Work?
- How to Fix It When Fire Stick Keeps Optimizing
- How to Remove Subscribers on YouTube
- How to Get Rid of Samsung Internet Browser?
Where To Edit Screen Recording Settings On iPhone 12?
Know that you can’t modify the resolution or frame rate of the video file that iOS records for you. The settings are set by default and you can’t change them.
However, you can change the app that handles the recording instead of your phone recording the screen and have the video automatically saved to the camera roll in the Photos app. You can start a broadcast in Facebook Messenger, or record the screen and send it to Gmail.
This is quite simple:
- Open the Control Centre.
- Hold down on the screen record button.
- At the middle of the screen, “Photos” will have a checkmark beside it by default.
- Tap on any other app in that section to change which app handles the files from recording your screen.
- How to Screen Record on iPhone 11 Pro Max? (3-Minute Read)
- How Do You Screen Record FaceTime with Audio? [A Detailed Guide]
Check out more smartphones
Recording your screen on your Apple iPhone is a lot easier than you may think. Just add it to the Control Center and tap the button.
If you need to share your screen on iPhone 12 often, this feature from Apple is a blessing. I can’t count the number of times I’ve had to use it.
Was this post helpful? Now that you know how to record your screen on your iPhone, check out some of our other articles as well.