Google Meet has become our go-to video conferencing platform in this pandemic world. It allows you to start a call instantly and with a single link your friends, family or colleagues can join in an instant.
However, what if you were someone who wanted to make your Google Meet account a bit more personal?
While the options might seem limited there are two cool ways through which you can add your personal flair to your Google Meet calls. One is by changing your Google Meet username, and the other is by customising the background to add some more character to an otherwise flat boring background.
Changing name on Google Meet
Since Google Meet basically uses your Google account name like all other platforms. When you change your name in your Google account, It simultaneously changes Google Meet as well. This way you can fix errors in your name on your Google account, or even add your initials or surnames.
Changing your name on your Google account is quite simple and easy to do on both your laptop, desktop and mobile devices.
How to change your name on Google Meet from the Computer?
Follow the steps given below to learn how to change name in google meet using your computer:
- Why Does My Phone Hang Up By Itself
- Can You Use Roku on a Non-Smart TV? We Tried It
- How to See Previously Liked Posts on Instagram
- How to Share a Private Video on YouTube (2022)
- How to Take Screen Shots in iOS 11 and iOS 10
- If you’re on your desktop/laptop go to meet.google.com and sign in with your Google account. Click on your profile picture at the top right corner of the screen and click on the ‘manage your google’ button.
- This will open Google Account settings page in a separate tab on the browser. Click on the personal info option from the menu on the left.
- After the page reloads, click on your ‘Name’ in the profile section to edit it.
- Change or set your first and last name on the next screen and click on the save button when you are done with the changes.
How to change your name on Google Meet from App?
Follow the steps given below to learn how to change name in google meet using Meet App:
- If you don’t have access to a computer, you can even use your mobile phone on google meet app.
- Open the meet app on your phone, and tap on the three bar menu button at the top left corner of your phone screen.
- Tap on your name in the menu and then click on the manage your google account option.
- Open your google settings page, select the personal info tab and then click on the name under the profile section on the screen.
You will be able to change your name here and once you’re done on the save button.
Changing background on Google Meet
Changing your background image on Google Meet is also a fairly simple process.
First, Open Google meet and select a meeting.
On the bottom right of the screen, click on the ‘Change background’.
- 3 Simple Ways To Test If Commercial Air Purifiers Are Working
- How to Create and Share a Wish List on SHEIN [Easy]
- Sharp TV Black Screen No Picture – 5 Easy Fixes to Try!
- How to Connect Samsung Soundbar to Wifi
- How to Restore Photos/Library from Time Machine
Here you have multiple options to choose from. In case you want to blur the background, you can simply click on ‘Blur your background’ and select the intensity accordingly
Additionally, you can also add a pre-uploaded background from the list of options or upload one to your liking.
How would you customise your Google Meet? Let us know in the comments below.