Suppose you just encountered one of your biggest mistakes in your life. You sent an unexpected SMS/ text message to someone by mistake, and now you are praying to god, crossing your figures, it doesn’t reach the person. Then let me tell you, my dear friend, you are out of luck in this case. Once you press the Send button of your SMS, you won’t be able to un-send it.
But there are some options you can adopt; maybe they helped you recover your bad luck. Consequently, we will help you by suggesting to you some methods on how to unsend a text message on android. Exciting things you are going to learn here, let’s start.
Can you delete a text message you sent?
It is disappointing, but you can’t unsend a message once you send it. Only Google has introduced the unsend feature to Gmail. But SMS/MMS, text messaging in Android or iPhone doesn’t have this feature. These devices have only a one-way messaging service, once you send the message, it will be delivered, and another person can read it. So, you have to be careful before sending your message.
Luckily, right after an SMS-by-mistake incident happens, there are certain not-so-perfect approaches to this problem that you should opt for.
How to unsend an SMS/MMS on android:
1. Conventional approach: In this method, you have to remove your phone’s battery or quickly switch off by pressing the power button as soon as possible. If you can do any of this quickly, you may stop the message from sending. Now, turn on your phone, check if the method worked or not, review your account balance or the last message, and even call details. But this process requires very fast actions before the message is delivered to another person. After you tap on the Send button, you’ll get approximately 5 seconds to react; otherwise, it won’t work.
2. Third-party software: You can also use a third-party software named TigerText Secure Messenger instead of your Android’s built-in SMS or MMS messenger. The best feature offered by TigerText messenger is to unsend a text message; your recipients don’t need to use the same app.
Now follow the below-mentioned process to unsend a text message using TigerText.
Step 1. First, you have to download and install the TigerText app on your Android device.
Step 2. Now using the application, type your text message.
Step 3: Next, Tap on Send to deliver the message and hold it.
Step 4: Then, to delete the text message, you have to click on Recall from the recipient’s phone. This feature can perform only if the receiver has not yet opened the message.
Step 5: Finally, to be sure if the Recall feature worked successfully, you have to observe the green icon. It is placed next to the message you have sent. If this icon appears as Green, then the message sends successfully; otherwise, it’ll be normal if the Recall function acted correctly.
You can’t get any easier process than this. To use this app, you can change your default SMS/MMS app and choose TigerText as your default SMS option.
2.How to recover text messages?
Answer: Recover text messages are straightforward. You only need to follow the mentioned process:
Step 1: Firstly, you have to download and install an app named Enigma Recovery.
Step 2: Then, open the app and choose your desired recovery method.
- How to Add Two Songs to a TikTok Video
- How to Fix It When Fire Stick Keeps Optimizing
- How to Remove Subscribers on YouTube
- How to Get Rid of Samsung Internet Browser?
- How to Screen Record on iPhone in 2022: The Easiest Guide to Recording and Editing Your Screen Recordings
Step 3: Next, you have to sign in to iCloud securely.
Step 4: Following on selecting the messages and tap on scan for data
Step 5: After you complete your scan, tap on view data
Step 6: Lastly, export the recovered messages and save them on your phone.
3. How do I erase deleted text messages?
Answer: Once you delete a text message, it won’t appear on your device but stored in the cloud. Now, if you want to erase the message permanently, you have to follow certain steps:
Step 1: First, you have to go to Settings on your device and click on the General option.
Step 2: Then, click on “Storage and iCloud Usage” and followed by “Manage Storage” under the section of iCloud.
Step 3: Next, choose the device you wish to delete under the option “Backups.”
Step 4: Now, scroll down to the bottom and press Delete Backup
Step 5: Lastly, click on Turn Off and Delete to erase all the backups.
you may also have interested to know:
What is Message Blocking Android: Ways You Can Use or Avoid This!
How Do You Change the Color of Your Text Messages on Android Easily
How to Remove Message Blocking on Android
- How Can I Use Internet And Call At The Same Time?
- What Is MCM Client App On Android And How To Uninstall It?
- How to Loop A Video on iPhone?
- Hulu Keeps Going Black On Smart TV: Heres How To Fix A Blank Screen
- How to Leave a Group in Facebook Messenger
How do I turn off message blocking on android
what is iot hidden menu android
How to create apple id on android
1. How to delete messages from another phone?
Answer: You can delete the message from another phone by following the given steps:
Step 1: First, you have to click on the Message+ button. If you aren’t able to find it, then navigate to Apps, then click on Message+.
Step 2: Then choose a conversation
Step 3: Next, tap one of the messages and hold it.
Step 4: After that, click on the Delete message. You can select more messages if you want to.
Step 5: To select a message, click on the check box.
Step 6: Finally, tap the Delete button on the top right corner, and your selected message will be deleted.
Although safety measures on mobile devices and applications are greater than ever before, there are still more options to work on. Recalling or unsend text messages is one of the options you should be careful about.
That’s why we tried to unleash everything related to how to unsend a text message on android. You can use these steps, but more importantly, you should be cautious before sending a message. Hope you find the necessary information regarding this topic. Let us know if anything more you want to know in the comment section.