Samsung smartphones, especially the ones with One UI skins, comes with another browser along with Google Chrome. Although some, including me, find the Samsung internet browser as far more useful than Chrome, some might find it not useful.
Even most of my friends prefer Google Chrome because it offers more features like device migrations, synchronizing data, etc. So if you want to get rid of the Samsung Internet browser, you can do it.
Yes, you can uninstall the app easily from the Samsung Phone because it’s not installed as a system app (core app) on many devices. It’s installed like a normal app that can be uninstalled or reinstalled easily from Google Play Store.
Related: How to Disable/Remove Google Chrome from Android Phone?
For some reason, the Samsung browser takes around 700MB due to cache and storage after continuous usage, which is a serious deal if you’re constrained by storage space. Let’s see how you can remove the Samsung Internet Browser app from any Samsung Phone or Galaxy Phones.
Delete Samsung Internet Browser
Samsung internet might not be the browser you want, and in this case, it’s ideal for uninstalling it from your device as there are many other capable browsers such as Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, etc. which can give you much better security and browsing features.
Many users have a misconception that the Samsung Internet browser can-not be un-installed. But it is untrue, and here is how you can get rid of the Samsung Intenet browser very easily.
Method 1: Uninstall from the App drawer
You can simply uninstall this app from the app drawer (or) All apps menu. This is an easy method and requires little to no expertise.
Here are the steps to uninstall the Samsung Internet browser from the App drawer:
- Unlock the Samsung Phone.
- Swipe up on the home screen to access All Apps from the app drawer.
- Find the Internet app and long-press to get a quick options menu.
- Now tap on the Uninstall icon on top of the pop-up menu.
- Confirm your action, and it will remove that app.
This will immediately uninstall the Internet app from Samsung Phone and also remove the storage space occupied. This will save almost 700mb of storage space.
- How To Make a Private Story in the Snapchat App
- 4 Ways to Restart a Dell Laptop
- How to Tell if Your Car is Bugged & What to Do
- How to Make Google Photos Default App on iPhone
- Live Photos explained: How the new iPhone 6S, 6S Plus and SE camera feature works
Method 2: From Settings
You can also uninstall the app from the settings if you cannot uninstall from the app drawer for some reason.
Here are the steps to remove Samsung Internet from system settings:
- Unlock your Samsung Phone.
- Open the Settings app, scroll down, and tap on Apps.
- Now, if there are only a few apps, you should open the All apps menu bar.
- Scroll down to Samsung Internet and tap on it.
- From the app info page, tap on Uninstall and confirm your action.
So this will also remove the Samsung browser from your galaxy smartphone permanently. Any storage and files will also be deleted.
Method 3: Disable from the App Drawer
Not every Samsung Phone allows you to uninstall the Internet app. For example, the premium Galaxy S series add the Samsung Internet as a System app that cannot be uninstalled normally.
However, you can disable the Internet app to hide from the Samsung phone. This work very similar to the uninstalled app, though the files are still available on phone.
Here are the steps to Disable and Hide the Samsung Internet browser:
- Unlock the Samsung Phone.
- Open the App Drawer swiping up on the Home screen.
- Find the Internet app, and long-press to get a quick options menu.
- Tap on the Disable icon on top of the pop-up menu.
This will hide the Internet app from the Phone but the storage space will still be occupied. Perhaps, you should consider clearing the browser cache and site data before disabling the Samsung Internet.
Reinstall Samsung Internet
For some reason, if you changed your mind and want to install it back. You can simply search for the app in the Play store and install on your phone and use it again if you wish. But here’s a Play Store link in case you need it.
Download Samsung Internet
- How Do You Put Music on Your LG Phone? 3 Simple Methods for Reference
- What is WAP push in message settings?
- How to Call UAE from the U.S.
- DJing vs Producing: What’s the Difference?
- Guide to Cast DVD to Chromecast – Stream from Laptop to TV
Although it’s wise to note, this app works on One UI devices and supports any Android phone. It may not be supported on all phones and UI, hence cannot install it on a few devices manufacturer.
If you try, it may show that the app is not a compatible error on the play store. Even sideloading APK won’t work, so don’t waste your time.
Bottom Line: Remove Samsung Internet
Getting rid of the Samsung Internet browser from your Samsung smartphone is easy. Since it’s One UI, the Samsung Browser is not a system app. Hence you can easily uninstall the app as you would normally uninstall any of your other apps. However, few premium phones like the Galaxy S series do not allow to uninstall, in such a case, you can disable the app.
There are multiple other options of web browsers that you can install on your Samsung Mobile. Since Samsung is running on Android OS in the backend, there are tonnes of web browsers that are better than the Internet App.
Personally, I prefer using the Google Chrome app for its usability, connectivity, and synchronization across the Google Account signed-in devices. This makes it the #1 browser on Android phones.
Related: How to Set a Default Browser in Samsung Phone?
What do you think about the Samsung mobiles’ ability to allow Internet app removal without rooting or using third-party apps?