- The easiest way to turn off Waze is to simply close the app.
- You can also turn off Waze navigation by tapping the app’s “Stop” button, which is hidden in a small menu.
- You should turn off Waze navigation when you’re not using it, as it can be a drain on your battery and mobile data.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
Waze is one of the most trusted navigation apps out there right now, and it’s not hard to understand why. Aside from giving accurate direction, Waze also alerts you to traffic conditions, stopped cars, potholes, and even speed traps along your route.
However, to keep up with all these updates, Waze uses a lot of battery life. If you’re not charging your phone while using the app, it can use up all your power quicker than you might think.
If your phone is running out of battery, or if Waze is simply distracting you, you’re going to want to turn it off. Here’s how to turn off Waze, whether you’re using the app on your iPhone or Android device.
Check out the products mentioned in this article:
iPhone 11 (From $699.99 at Apple)
Samsung Galaxy S10 (From $859.99 at Walmart)
How to turn off Waze
There are two ways to turn off Waze.
The first can be done within the app. If you don’t want Waze to give you directions anymore, but don’t want to close the app:
- 3 ways to turn off the voice narration on your Roku device
- The most common problems and issues with Wemo devices
- How to Disable Samsung Pay – A Step-by-Step Guide
- Why Does Siri Suggest Contacts? (Explained)
- Your question: How do I resize a photo on Android?
1. Tap the small blue arrow at the very bottom of the screen.
2. A menu will open. Tap “Stop” in the bottom-left.
Navigation will be cancelled, and Waze will stop giving directions. If you want to resume navigating to the same destination, hit “Search” at the bottom-left corner of the app; your most recent destination will be in the list that appears.
Even after stopping Waze like this, the app will still likely be tracking your location. To stop this as well, close the app.
- How to remove blocked plug-in on Mac
- How to Draw a Computer — Step by Step Guide
- How to Change Row Height in Google Sheets (Quick & Easy)
- Why Does My TCL TV Have No Sound
- How to Connect Soundbar to Hisense TV [Proven Method]
To close apps on an iPhone:
- If your iPhone has a physical home button, double-tap this button to open the app switcher. Swipe up on Waze’s window to close it.
- If your iPhone has no button, swipe up slowly from the bottom of the screen until the app switcher appears. Swipe up on Waze’s window to close it.
To close apps on an Android:
- If your Android device has a button that looks like two overlapping rectangles, press it to open the All Apps view, then swipe Waze off the screen.
- If your Android has no physical buttons, slowly swipe up from the bottom of the screen to open the All Apps menu. Swipe Waze off this screen to close it.
- If you’re using a Samsung Galaxy device, press the “Recent Apps” option, which is to the left of the Home button. Swipe Waze off the screen when it appears.
Related coverage from How To Do Everything: Tech:
How to change the voice of your Waze navigation app in 5 simple steps
How to get Google Maps to talk by enabling talk navigation on your mobile device
‘Why is my Google Maps app not working?’: 4 ways to fix Google Maps when you can’t navigate with the app
How to avoid highways on Google Maps for your directions on desktop or mobile
How to create a map in Google Maps using My Maps, to save and share it for custom routes or directions