What Causes The Monitor To Go Into Power Saving Mode
Overusing computers is one reason for many a complication in the system. If you constantly work on your computer, it is advised that you keep a continuous check on the health of your computer. This will help keep the computer running in the long run.
If your routine job revolves around working on computers, you must have encountered the ‘Dell Monitor Stuck In Power Save Mode Fix’ at least once. The underlying causes for the error to arise have been explained below.
One major factor that can help you avoid this error is giving you computer some time to rest. If the machinery in the computer run without breaks, they are bound to act up.
The most common reasons for ‘Dell Monitor In Power Save Mode Fix’ are –
- RAM gone bad. This can be solved by pulling them out or by swapping them.
- The video cable might be plugged into the wrong port. Users can fix this by plugging the video cable in its assigned port.
- The motherboard might have malfunctioned. There are few tests that you can run to check the health of your motherboard.
- Power supply issue. The power cable might be faulty. Or there could be issues in the power port. Check these factors before proceeding with other solutions. Along with that also check the power button on the computer. Press and hold the power button for 20 seconds then leave.
- The VGA cable, which stands for Video Graphics Array connector might be loose or even distorted. Check this cable if the ‘Dell Monitor Stuck In Power Mode Fix’ issue does not go away. This cable connects the computer to the monitor.
- Memory battery on the motherboard might be dead. The battery life is mostly around 3 years. Therefore, if your motherboard is older than that, change this battery.
Also check how to fix dell laptop not charging problem
How to fix dell monitor stuck in power-saving mode
As mentioned earlier, excessive use of computers can cause them to go out-of-order. Keep a regular check on the hardware and the software of your computer. Dell provides Diagnostics, which is a set of tests that you can run on your computer to see how the components are working.
- Sometimes faulty or impaired cables can cause the monitor to disconnect from the system. This often results in the Dell Monitor Stuck In Power Saver Mode Fix it by replacing the old cables with new ones.
even if you cannot find any defect in the cables, it is advisable that you connect different cables and try switching on the computer.
- There are button cells on the motherboard called memory battery or CMOS, clock battery. This battery stores few settings when the computer is not running. It stores information like date and time. If you have been using your computer for years, there is a possibility that this memory battery can no longer handle the job. This makes the computer to get into power saving mode.
therefore, if your ‘Dell Monitor Stuck In Power Save Mode Fix’ you should check the memory battery on the motherboard.
To check this memory battery, you will have to open the chassis or the computer case. Make sure that before proceeding with opening this case, you have disconnected the power cable. Also press the power button for at least 15 seconds. This removes the residual power from the computer.
- How to Send GIFs on Snapchat – A step by step Guide
- How to measure the size of a laptop or tablet screen
- Why Does My Phone Hang Up By Itself
- How to Install Facebook Watch on Firestick / Fire TV
- If your Dell Monitor Stuck in Power Saver Mode Fix it by removing memory sticks. The problem could have arisen due to Memory read or write failure.
Remove all the memory modules also called ram sticks. If after removing the memory sticks you hear beeps, the motherboard is fine.
Check every memory slot by fixing in the memory stick one after the other. If the computer boots to windows you can be assured that the motherboard is working fine.
- Another way out of the ‘Dell Monitor Stuck In Power Save Mode Fix’ error, is running the Self-test. The self-test will examine all the computer components and alert you of any error in the computer.
If short self-test unsuccessful read our post to how to fix it
Turn the computer off.
Disconnect the HDMI cables, power cable and the audio cable from the computer. Leave the cables as such for few minutes.
Plug the power cable back in. and turn on the Dell computer.
You should see the Built-in diagnostics on the screen. Run the diagnostics.
- If you still cannot get your Dell Monitor Stuck In Power Save Mode Fixed, you can disable the power save mode from the taskbar.
Go to the ‘Control Panel’ from the ‘Start’ menu.
Next, In the search box, type ‘Power options’ The application will be displayed on the screen. Click the ‘Power options’
Once you have opened the Power options setting, you will see the ‘Select a Power Plan’ section. From the options, select, ‘Show Additional plans’ now select and enable the ‘High performance’ button.
- How do I delete Picasa pictures from my s5?
- How to Turn on TCL Roku TV without Remote
- How to Email Music from iTunes
- How to Add or Remove an Admin from a Facebook Group
- How Do I Unsync My Phone from Another Phone Easily
Next to the ‘High performance’ setting, you will see ‘Change plan settings’ select it and open the ‘Settings editor’ window.
Under the ‘On Battery’ and ‘Plugged in’ headings, switch the setting to ‘Never’ select the ‘Save changes’ option. This will execute the changes.
If nothing is working then you need to contact dell support number for help