Since its release, I have been desperately waiting to watch my favorite shows on HBO Max.
But unfortunately, my Vizio Smart TV does not have HBO Max as an inbuilt app.
I spent some hours surfing the internet to find out how to get HBO max on my Vizio Smart TV.
I went through some product forums. Here I got some insights from people who had success in getting HBO Max on Vizio Smart TV.
I compiled all the information into this article, which will help you access HBO Max on your Vizio Smart TV.
You can get HBO Max on Vizio Smart TV either by using Airplay or Chromecast. In addition, if you own a newer model of Vizio TV, you can use the SmartCast platform to stream the HBO Max app natively.
I’ve also included info on resolving the HBO Max buffering issue, firmware update, and glitches.
Which Vizio TV Do You Own?
If you own one of the Vizio TV models below, you can watch HBO Max using the SmartCast platform.
- OLED Smart TV
- P Series Smart TV
- M Series Smart TV
- V Series Smart TV
- D series Smart TV
To watch HBO Max on these Smart TVs, you need to download the Vizio SmartCast App on your mobile.
Android users can find the “Vizio SmartCast Mobile” app on Google Play Store.
If you are an iOS user, you can download it from the App Store.
How to Natively Stream HBO Max on Vizio TV
HBO Max app is natively available on Vizio TV. You can follow these steps to access it.
- Visit the HBO Max website and sign-up.
- Navigate to the home screen of your Vizio Smart TV.
- Find the app store and search for “HBO Max”
- Next, install the app using the “Add to home” button.
- You can now log in to the HBO max app on Vizio TV and start streaming your desired content.
Note that if you are using older models of the Vizio TV, you might not be able to stream HBO Max natively.
How to AirPlay HBO Max onto Vizio TV
If you are an iOS user, you can stream HBO Max on Vizio TV by completing these steps-
- Download the HBO Max app on your iPhone or Ipad.
- Make sure that your mobile device and Vizio TV are on the same wifi network.
- Now log in to the HBO Max application.
- Select the content you wish to watch and start playing it on your mobile.
- You’ll notice the AirPlay icon on the top. Click on it.
- You can now select Vizio TV from the list, and it will start displaying the content on your TV.
How to Chromecast HBO Max onto Vizio TV
To watch HBO Max on Vizio TV using Chromecast, you need to follow these steps:
- First, download HBO Max on your mobile.
- Then sign in using your credentials.
- Connect your mobile and Vizio Smart TV to the same Wifi network.
- Now open the HBO Max app on your mobile and play any content.
- You’ll see a “Cast” icon on top.
- Tap the cast iron, and your content will appear on your Vizio TV.
How to Sideload HBO Max onto Vizio TV Using a Flash Drive
- First, you need to download the HBO Max app using a trustworthy source.
- Then copy the app to a USB drive.
- Insert the USB into the port of your Vizio TV. Next, open “my files” and select the USB flash drive.
- Here you will find the apk of HBO Max. Select the apk and click on “Install”.
- Wait for the installation to complete. Launch the HBO Max App on the Vizio Smart TV.
HBO Max Subscription Plans
Currently, there are two subscription plans for HBO Max.
- How to Start a Tinder Conversation
- How to Get Rid of Samsung Internet Browser?
- How to Crop a Photo on Your iPhone, Mac or iPad
- How to tell if someone un-added or removed you on Snapchat
- How To Find The Mushroom Fields Biome in Minecraft
“With Ads” Plan- $9.99 a month/ $99.99 per year.
“Ads-Free” Plan- $14.99/ $149.99 a year.
Along with the subscription models, HBO Max also offers a free 7-day free trial for its new users.
However, for US customers, the free trial has been discontinued. For other countries, the 7-day trial service is still available.
Alternatives to HBO Max
HBO Max has been gaining popularity ever since its release in 2020. Although if you cannot gain access to HBO Max for any reason, there are other alternatives that you may use.
These alternative streaming apps are natively available on Vizio Smart TVs; hence you don’t need to worry about downloading them.
- Amazon Prime
- Disney Hotstar
Is HBO Max Available on Other Smart TVs?
HBO Max is supported on most Android and Apple TVs. I picked the three best TVs for you based on popularity and compatibility with HBO Max.
- Sony Bravia A8H
It is an OLED TV with no backlight, so you get a better viewing experience. Along with lower reflections and glares, it can also upscale your content from a lower resolution.
The Sony Bravia A8H is available in 55 and 65 inches variants.
2. Samsung Q80T
The Samsung Q80T can be used in both dark and bright environments as it offers a higher contrast ratio and full-array local dimming.
Although it comes with HBO Max as a default, this Samsung TV does support Chromecast only through Samsung-powered devices.
3. Sony X950H
The Sony X950H is great for HDR content as its high peak colors and brightness gives an
- Free | How to Screen Record Netflix on PC, Mac, and Phone
- Downgrade macOS/Mac OS X without Losing Data 2022 (Big Sur/Catalina Applicable)
- How to Turn on TCL Roku TV without Remote
- How to Transfer iPhone/iPad Purchases to iTunes on Computer?
- 3 Simple Ways to See Someone’s Facebook Activity
delightful viewing experience.
It does not come with an OLED panel, so burn-in would not be an issue.
If you still cannot gain access to HBO Max on your Vizio Smart TV, you can reach out to the customer support team of HBO Max at 1-855-442-6629.
Getting HBO Max on your Vizio Smart TV could be a hassle, but this guide will make it easier for you.
Alternatively, you can either stream other OTT apps or get a new TV that supports HBO Max if you cannot stream it on your TV now.
Since its release in 20202, HBO Max has also faced backlash due to numerous bugs and glitches.
For example, for some users, the HBO Max also glitched in a way that caused a black screen in smart TVs.
While in other cases, all other OTT apps stopped playing when HBO Max was used.
The bugs on Vizio TV while playing HBO Max are supposed to be fixed in the upcoming firmware update.
You May Also Enjoy Reading:
- HBO Go Is Lagging: What Do I Do?
- How To Watch Discovery Plus On Vizio TV: Detailed Guide
- How to Connect Vizio TV to Wi-Fi in seconds
- Why Is My Vizio TV’s Internet So Slow?: How To Fix in minutes
- Vizio TV Sound But No Picture: How To Fix
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the V button on my Vizio remote?
The V button on your Vizio remote helps you access the Vizio Internet Apps and other multimedia functions.
Can you update an old Vizio Smart TV?
If your Vizio Smart TV is connected to the internet, you may receive firmware updates only if they are available.
Does my Vizio have SmartCast?
If you own an OLED, P series, M series, V series, or the D series, your TV will have SmartCast.
Where are the buttons on my Vizio TV?
Depending on your TV model, you can find the buttons at the back of your TV in the bottom right or left corners.