Your Sharp TV is a great asset that allows you to have entertainment at your fingertips, but sometimes things can go wrong. One common problem with Sharp TVs happens when the screen goes black and shows no picture. This can be a frustrating issue that may leave you wondering how to solve it.
When your TV does not work, it is natural to want to resolve the problem as quickly as possible without resorting to the at-times expensive services of a TV repair technician. Please keep reading to learn about these easy fixes that should have your Sharp TV displaying its picture again in no time!
The Top 5 Easy Fixes for a Sharp TV With Black Screen
We have all been there—your TV goes black and stops showing a picture. It may still be playing sound, but the screen itself shows nothing. This is a frustrating issue that can get in the way of your entertainment time and may leave you wondering if there is a serious problem. However, you can solve this issue most of the time by troubleshooting a few different things.
Click here if you’d like to know more about identifying the model Sharp TV you own.
Check Your Remote
Your remote can sometimes be the underlying culprit in an error with your Sharp TV’s screen display.
To test if it is your remote, try the following things:
- Test your remote on other devices, if possible.
- Change the batteries.
- See if the TV responds when you try the manual controls instead of the remote.
If the above troubleshooting techniques suggest that your remote is at fault, this is an easy fix. You can then change the batteries or get a new remote control if necessary.
Restart Your TV
For multiple reasons, sometimes TVs of all types get bogged down and need a simple restart to correct their issues. If your Sharp TV is not displaying a picture, the first thing you can do is try turning it off and then back on again.
- How to Transfer iTunes Music to Google Pixel 4
- How do computers communicate with each other?
- How to set alarms on iPhone or iPad
- How To Disable Or Change Insignia Fire TV Sleep Mode? Quick Way!!
- How to Start a Tinder Conversation
If this strategy still does not work, your next step to restart your TV will be to unplug it from the wall outlet and plug it back in. Before you do this, make sure that the TV is off. Additionally, all other devices, such as a speaker or sound system, must be unplugged from the TV.
Once your TV is turned off and unplugged, wait around a minute before trying to plug it back in again. This may give it the time it needs to rest.
Test the Wall Outlet
Another common suspect in screen issues with your Sharp TV could be the wall outlet. If your wall outlet is malfunctioning, it could very easily result in your TV not displaying an image or turning on.
To test your wall outlet, you can do a few different things:
- Plug your TV into a different outlet: If the TV works in another location, the issue is almost certainly with the outlet and not your TV.
- Plug in a different device into the outlet: If a new device also does not work, this is a good indication that your outlet is malfunctioning.
- Use a multimeter: These specialized devices can check to see what voltage your outlet produces.
As you check your outlet, be sure to err on the side of caution to avoid electric shock.
Carefully Inspect All Cords
If the issue persists, unplug and check all your cables, including the HDMI and power cord. Check for damage or any other obvious issues, and then carefully plug them back into the correct ports to see if this helps with the issue. Sometimes, a Sharp TV will not display a picture if its cables are in the incorrect spots.
- How Do I Reset my Wireless Keyboard? (Simple Guide)
- Question: How Do You Tell If Someones Phone Is Off Or Dead Iphone
- How to Turn WiFi on LG TV (Plus PROVEN Troubleshooting Tips!)
- How to Fix a PS4 That Won't Take, Read, or Eject a Disc
- How to Change Snapchat Notification Sound on Android and iOS
You may also wish to put the HDMI cable in a different port to see if the error is localized to a specific HDMI port.
Do a Hard Reset
As a last resort, you can perform a hard reset if your TV is not working. To do this, unplug the Sharp TV and then press and hold the power button for 30 seconds. Depending on your TV model, you may also need to press or hold some of the volume buttons, so be sure to check your manual.
This will undo any settings that could be causing issues.
Technology malfunctions are frustrating, and you may wish to fix the issues at home before relying on the services of a technician. If your Sharp TV has a black screen with no picture, do not panic. There are several easy, at-home tricks you can try to help resolve the issue.
However, if you have tried all of the tips with no success, there is a good chance a deeper issue is at work. It’s in this case that you should reach out to customer support.