Wifi connections have allowed us the freedom to work and communicate on the go. Despite this, we have all experienced the horrors of the ‘no wifi’ errors. One can never predict when devices will run out of wi fi signals or when the wi fi connection will stop working.
Regardless of this, many tablet users are hesitant about relying on other internet connections because they can’t figure out how to get internet on the tablet without wifi.
The uncertainty that comes with every wi fi connection has led to the creation of several internet options-after all necessity IS the mother of invention. This means that, like all other devices, tablets can also work without a wi fi connection.
If, like us, you are also excited to explore the various internet options- then read this post till the end and find out how to keep tablets connected to the online world even without a wifi connection.
How Do You Get Internet On a tablet?
Like most smart products, tablets have an in-built wi fi feature that allows users to connect quickly with local wi fi networks. Moreover, the latest tablet models are compatible with LTE connections, and hence you have the option to link your tablet with any mobile network.
Connecting tablets to wifi or LTE is simple, but one needs to learn and understand the different settings integrated within each tablet model.
With the following steps, you can easily tackle the various connection settings and link your tablet to wifi or an LTE connection:
If you want to connect android tablets likes Nexus, Galaxy, or Xperia to wifi, then you should:
- Open up the home screen and select ‘Apps’ and click on ‘Settings.’
- In the ‘Wireless & Network’ option, select the ‘wi-fi settings’ and enable the wi-fi feature.
- Select the network of choice from the list of available networks and enter the required details.
If you wish to connect the devices mentioned above to an LTE network, then you should:
- Add a sim card and install it (if required).
- Follow the manufacturer’s user guide and carry out additional installation procedures.
- Once the system is prepared, open up the ‘Apps’ feature and click on ‘Settings.’
- Use the ‘Wireless & Network’ option to enable the ‘Mobile Network’ feature.
- Choose the carrier and follow their instructions to connect the tablet with a suitable data plan.
If you want to connect your iPad to a wifi network, then you should:
- Click on the ‘Settings’ option and choose ‘Wi-fi.’
- Once the wi fi feature is turned on, you should select the desired network connection and add relevant details.
- Click ‘Join,’ and your iPad will instantly get access to the wifi network.
If you want to connect an iPad with an LTE network, you will have to install a sim card. For installing the sim card, you will have to pull out the sim card tray. You can do this with a SIM eject tool or insert a paperclip in the tiny hole located on the backside.
Once you can take out the SIM card tray, place the SIM card in it, and insert it back into the device. Afterward, turn on the tablet and enable cellular data from the ‘Settings’ option. The rest of the procedure will be quick and straightforward, and you will have to follow the given instructions.
Tablets with Windows 8
If your tablet is operating on Windows 8(like Surface or Surface Pro) and you want to connect it to the wifi, then you should:
Open up the ‘Settings’ feature and select the ‘Wireless Network’ option.
Click on your preferred network connection, enter its correct details, and tap on the ‘Connect’ button.
- If you want to connect these same devices to mobile internet, you should initially place a SIM card. A SIM card tray is located on the Surface tab’s left; press it gently, and it will come out.
- Place the SIM card in the SIM tray and push it back in.
- Turn on the tablet and enable ‘Mobile Broadband’ from the ‘Settings’ option.
- Select the name of your carrier service and click on ‘Connect.’
- Follow the given instructions and connect the tablet to a relevant data plan.
Can A Tablet Be Used Without Wifi?
Yes, tablets can be used without a wifi connection. This section will take a look at some of the most common ‘tablet-friendly alternatives available and discuss their pros and cons.
- How to Draw a Computer — Step by Step Guide
- How can I make my phone untraceable?
- How To Change Emoji Color On Android? [Ultimate Guide]
- How to EMP Proof a Vehicle
- How do I get rid of thumbnails on Google homepage?
Following are some options that you can use to access the internet, especially when your tablet is without a wifi connection:
One of the easiest ways to start up an internet connection on your tablet is through dongles. A dongle is a savior for a tablet without a wifi connection as it quickly provides internet access. However, do keep in mind that tablets like iPads are not compatible with dongles.
You don’t need any additional software or program to enable Dongles on your tablet as these are easy to use.
You can connect the tablet to a USB Dongle by inserting an ethernet cable into the dongle and placing it in the tablet’s USB port Type C or Micro USB charging port. USB dongles provide an internet connection to only one device.
If you plan to use a mobile wi fi dongle, things will be simpler for you. You can connect Mobile wifi dongles (MiFi) to any tablet and that also without a USB cable. Remember to get a 3G or 4G internet dongle as they perform better than a 2G dongle.
Dongles provide a reliable and secure internet connection.
Dongles can connect quickly to a tablet.
These smart devices are widely available in stores and can even be bought from Amazon or eBay.
Dongles are easy to use and more comfortable to carry around.
The fluctuating internet speed of dongles has made them unsuitable for downloading large files and live streaming.
3G or 4G Tablets
Nowadays, there are specific 3G and 4G tablets available that have in-built SIM card slots. Like other tablets, these do work with wi fi connections, and they can directly connect to mobile internet if you don’t have wifi access.
Keep in mind this additional feature does causes a hike in the price of these tablets. However, you can save your expenses with one trick-add your regular mobile SIM card to the tab, and you won’t have to buy a new SIM.
You might have to struggle a bit with fitting your mobile’s nano-SIM card in an older tablet’s micro-SIM slot.
Besides this, you also have the option to purchase a separate SIM card with a mobile internet subscription and use it for tablets.
Installing the SIM card on these tablets is a quick, hassle-free procedure. All you have to do is insert a SIM CARD in it, and your tablet will be able to access the internet within no time.
Do remember that mobile data packages offer you limited internet data, and they have speed limits. To be on the safe side, you should keep a regular check on your data usage to not run out of the subscribed internet package.
Another benefit of these tablets is that they don’t need the support of cables or additional accessories to establish an internet connection.
- How to Stop MetroZONE Ads [2022 Update]
- How to hide followers on Instagram? 3 easy ways
- Safari won’t force quit? – How to close Safari properly
- How To Find Out How Many GB My iPhone Is
- How to Find Archived eMails & Move Them Back to Inbox in iOS
These tablets do not require cables or complicated software for accessing mobile internet.
Mobile internet comes with a more comprehensive signal range; hence you can use these tablets everywhere, even in dead wi fi zones.
Tablets working with mobile data get faster and better internet access.
Not all tablets have a SIM card slot.
These tablets are pricier than a regular tablets.
Almost all smart devices have a Bluetooth feature installed in them. While a Bluetooth connection helps send and receive files, it also allows you to share your device’s internet connection with other devices, including tablets.
Turning your device into an internet center takes little to no time. Firstly, you should turn on your device’s internet connection and Bluetooth feature (laptop/mobile). Then enable Bluetooth tethering on your tablet, and it will instantly pick up on the internet connection of your device.
Bluetooth tethering is user-friendly as it can be enabled and disabled just with a few clicks.
It can be used to provide an internet connection to multiple devices at the same time.
You don’t have to install any app or connect an ethernet cable for using Bluetooth Tethering.
Unfortunately, this feature does not offer maximum internet speed.
Tablet is one of the best devices to have for combating modern-day technological challenges. Not only do tablets look good and feel good, but they also let you be a consistent part of the online world even if you don’t have a wi fi connection. Just use the above-suggested alternatives and stay online always with your tablet.