Wondering how to change emoji color on Android? You can download and use one of the many keyboard apps available. Google Gboard is a good choice.
My uncle wanted to know how to change emojis color on his Pixel 3. I showed him how to do it, and I will be sharing my wisdom with you too.
How Do I Change My Default Skin Tone Emoji?
There are 2 methods to try:
Method 1: Use Google GBoard
If you’re lucky, Google GBoard is already your default keyboard. Otherwise, you will have to find and download it from the Play store.
After it’s downloaded, you will have to activate it:
- Open the Settings app > General Management > Languages and Input
- Scroll down and then tap On- Screen keybopard
Then tap on +Manage keyboards and toggle on Gboard
Tap on Ok if a warning message appears
Then tap on default keyboard and select Google Keyboard
Then, do the following:
- Use the Best Hacks to Cheat on Words With Friends
- How to Scan from Canon Printer/Scanner to Mac
- 3 Free Ways to Delete Podcasts from iPod Nano/Shuffle/touch
- How to Disable Network Access to Windows Registry
- How to follow someone on Spotify, so you can keep track of your friends and favorite artists
- Open the GBoard keyboard on any app
- Tap the Smiley icon on the bottom
- You will see several emojis with changing emoji color (they will have an arrow)
- Long tap such an emoji to see its skin tone options
- Choose a new colored emoji
Method 2: Rely On An App
Some apps let you change emoji color, without having to download an emoji keyboard. A few examples are Telegram, Twitter, WhatsApp, and the Facebook Messenger app.
Here’s what you do:
- Open one of the applications mentioned
- Tap the smiley icon on the bottom corner
- Choose an emote from the emoticon library
- Long press the emoji for the emojis color options to appear
- Choose from the skin colors available
Why Are Emojis Yellow?
Changing the emoji color on Android is easy. However, you may be wondering why emojis are yellow in the first place. This is because yellow has long been associated with happiness and hope. Sending someone yellow smiley faces means you’re sending them good wishes.
How Do You Update Emojis On Android Phone?
Google regularly issues updates. The new OS versions come with updated looks for existing emotes. Go to your device’s settings and then install any updates to get hold of them.
Here’s what you need to do:
- Go to Settings menu > About > Systems
- Click on your software version
- A prompt will appear if the OS version is not up to date. Accept and download the latest firmware
You can use Emoji Kitchen too. It won’t exactly update your emojis but it will let you mash up emoticons and create custom stickers that no one else has.
Once you’ve got that out of the way:
- Open the app that you want to text in
- Open the conversation details/chat
- Click the emote button
- Tap a random emoticon to activate Emoji Kitchen
- Find and enter another one
- Possible emoji sticker combinations will appear. Swipe through the options and pick the ones you want
Can Android Devices Get iPhone Emojis?
You can download a special keyboard theme that mimics iOS emoticons but there is a catch. Your emotes will only look like they’re from an iPhone for you. Their appearance won’t change for the person you are messaging.
There are many keyboard themes like this on the market. So, how do you know which is the best? A personal favorite would be the OS11 emoji switcher. It’s free to download on the Play store.
- How do I enable multi audio on Samsung?
- How to Stop a Snap from Sending on Snapchat
- Does Amazon Notify You if Something is Purchased from Your Wish List?
- How to Clear iTunes Library and Start Over on PC/Mac/iPhone
- 3 ways to turn off the voice narration on your Roku device
Can An Android Receive Animojis?
Animojis are basically videos. This means that any Android smartphone can receive them. Although you can freely open and receive them, you can’t create your own. Only Apple users can do this.
Why Do I See Boxes Instead of Emojis?
These boxes appear because the emojis you see aren’t supported by your Android device. The person who sent them is likely using a newer Android version, while you’re using an older one. Also, they may be an Apple user and sent a unique iOS emote to you.
- A Comprehensive Guide: How To Change Font Color On Android
- Explained: How To Change App Icons On Android
It’s pretty easy to change the default emoji skin color on your smartphone. All you need to do is download a special keyboard like Gboard. Then, you have to set it up and press down the emojis from the library to adjust their emoji color.
Update your OS to get new emojis if you’ve grown tired of the ones you have. Google regularly changes its emotes with new firmware.
GBoard is the best emoji app because unlike other different keyboard apps, you can create custom stickers too.